Friday, August 26, 2011

There is only one rule, that I know of, babies....

God dammit, you've got to be kind-Kurt Vonnegut

This is one of my favorite quotes. It's simple; it's straightforward; it's a little sassy.

There is infinite wisdom all around us-Gibran, Rumi, Hesse, Gandhi-these great figures and so many others offer us words to stir the soul, words to inspire men and nations, words to feed the mind. But these simple words simply say it all. Be kind. That is the only rule.

On this path to meaning, one thing that I have always sought is purity of soul. To absolve myself of any earthly concerns, and find love in everything around me. To remove fear. I have a long way to go......but I hope that, by adopting this mantra, I will find myself a little closer to that peaceful place.

Until next time.....

















No comments:

Post a Comment